Thursday 21 February 2013

Giorgetti Furniture Showroom, Mumbai


I came across this feature in the Feb issue of Inside Outside magazine and instantly knew I had to share it. This is a showroom that Rajiv Saini has designed for Italian furniture manufacturer Giorgetti and it is housed in a 4,000 sq ft penthouse in Mumbai.

I think it is an awesome idea for a furniture retailer to display furniture for the home inside a ‘home’ environment. This set up gives the visitor a sense of walking through an actual home. They can visualize how a particular space may look and work, as well as get ideas on how to use certain pieces within a space.

Rajiv Saini is one of my favorite designers, and he does it again with this ultra modern space that exudes sophistication. I love the neutral palette- it is understated without being boring, and the interior simultaneously seems to compliment as well highlight the furniture on display.

I particularly like the way the color black has been incorporated through the use of black metal. It provides a striking contrast to the glass, epoxy white and white limed oak paneled walls. It also has been used as a method of defining different areas and visually demarcating them without the use of partitions. This serves the open plan of the space so well.

I LOVE this design! It definitely goes on my favorites list.

























[All images courtesy Architizer.com]








No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...