Wednesday 10 April 2013

House is in Athens, by Minas Kosmidis


I have a real treat for you today. I stumbled upon this beautiful home on the We Heart blog. For me, it was love at first site. There are so many ways to describe it, but to sum it up, I would say it’s a house that’s a little minimal, a little retro and has a lot of soul.

This house is in Athens and overlooks the Acropolis. How lucky is the owner! In fact, one of the major factors that guided the architect, Minas Kosmidis of the Architecture in Concept, in the re-model of the house was this incredible architectural gem of the ancient world. Big glass windows frame the view of the Acropolis and celebrate it in all its glory. 

The interiors are very contemporary. Its minimal, but not cold. I love the way the architect has managed to capture and convey the essence of this magnificent setting, but in a completely modern way. I absolutely love the wall finishes and the neutral color palette used throughout the house. They bring to mind ancient Greek villas and the rugged Greek landscape. I also love the retro touches like the mid-century arm chair and the funky center table.

Take a look. 











[All images courtesy- We heart]








2 comments:

  1. Hey stumbled upon your blog.. very nice.
    This house looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neha, thanks for dropping by! I'm really pleased you like the blog. Had a peek at yours... really enjoyed your latest post.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...